Get some local flavor by checking out events in the area.
- August (2nd week) - Perry County Fair - located in Newport, PA – Second week of August.
- October, Little Buffalo Arts Festival, Saturday, located at Newport, PA. The Festival will feature Arts, Crafts, Workshops, Children's Activities, Alternative Energy Solutions, Food and a full afternoon of Musical Performances. Free admission.
- October, Barner's Church (St. John's Lutheran) Annual Applebutter Boil, Saturday. Located on Barner's Road, just 1/4 mile from Lake Heron Retreat, Liverpool. Watch applebutter being cooked and buy freshly made applebutter, bring your own container. Home-made chicken or beef pot-pie dinner with smearcase, cole slaw, and dessert offered.
- Ongoing events at The Winery at Hunter's Valley.
- Events in the Susquehanna River Valley.
- October, Pennsylvania National Horse Show
- October, Pennsylvania 4-H State Horse Show